Sunday 27 October 2013

Contracts!



Unbelievably the time has arrived to resign our contracts. It is almost incomprehensible how fast this year has gone. When we all arrived here we were fresh faced new teachers and to be honest I still feel that way. I have learnt Hangeul and I can speak basic Korea, I have traveled Korea quite a bit as well as neighboring countries and I have friend I feel I have known forever so It should feel like Ive been here a life time.
The decision to resign or go home is a big one. When I came here I thought it would just be a year as I had a master plan of moving on to Australia and Canada but this small and busy country is such a fantastic experience that I almost need another year to catch my breath and assess whats been going on.
I know a lot of people will be leaving which does effect my decision. It will be agonizing to see close friends head back out into many different parts of the world but I think us staying is the right decision.
There are some contractual changes I want to talk about with my school (if they even want to keep me that is) but Im hoping it will be smooth sailing.I'll also do a post once its all been sorted for all you people wondering who happens during the resign time.
I have also found out today that one of our very close friends will be staying another year which is already making me excited for the year ahead.
We will be in one flat that is a lot larger than our current home and I plan to be more adult and get a bit organized. Get an oven and cook more, learn to sew, decorate and maybe even foster a cat (because they need all the help they can get here, poor kittens!)
Australia and Canada will still be there in a year and if some how I can pay off my debts and visit a few more places (Indonesia and Kyoto Im looking at you!*) then it would be a dream come true.
I always had a list of places I wanted to see in the world. It has always been long. I thought that traveling would mean Id started to knock things off my bucket list but it feels as if experiences breed the need for more experiences. I am adding places to the list by the day. Having friends spread all over the world definitely helps the urge to see the places they live. India and South Africa are now both firm additions to the places to see list.
Maybe Ill be a travel bug forever! I dont think thats such a bad thing J
Saying all of this, Ive never been more excited to go home. I read that the UK are having massive storms this week and all I want to do is be cuddled up on the sofa with my family. Christmas cant come soon enough.
Its a bit of an oxymoron to be a home bird who loves traveling but Ill find a way to combine my two loves Im sure.
Bring on 2014!


* Also Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, China, Hong Kong, Guam, Philippines, Taiwan.ect (too many places to see!)

No comments:

Post a Comment