Wednesday 14 May 2014

Exciting times - the travel bug


Today is teachers day in Korea which means no lessons (woohoo) so I've had a lot of time to sit and plan. If you leave me alone for more than 10 seconds I will start writing ‘to do’ lists and ‘Where to visit’ lists. I have hundreds of them. It might actually be a problem.
The last few months in Korea I have become comfy. Probably a little too comfy. It’s been cold and we were getting use to our new teaching schedules but now is the time of year where we have quite a few free lessons and time to start thinking. The only thing on my mind is travel.

The travel bug has set in yet again, it never went away but it hibernated for a little while. This year Lee and I are saving for our big 4 years on the road but this doesn't mean we are sitting at home, instead we are explore Korea to the full. We have plans for Sokkjoe, Jeju, Namhae, Ullungdo, Mokpo and Yeosu on the horizon.
Now I say we are saving money but it wouldn’t be right to not go on a little excursion abroad over the summer so we will be knocking a big few off the bucket list and heading to CHINA and TAIWAN.
China is one of those mystical lands I’ve read about my whole life. I cannot wait to stand on the great wall and eat street food dumplings. I am bouncing in my seat just thinking about it.

Travel is a weird entity and I call it that because if you have the need to travel it can sometimes be all consuming. You can be sat in a tropical country while excitedly dreaming about standing on a glacier. This doesn't mean you don’t enjoy every second of your time while you travel. I can see how it might sound very selfish, as if we are never satisfied but the only thing I can liken it to is reading. When you start to read you want to read more, you love the story you have in your hands so much that your thirst for knowledge explodes. I definitely have a thirst for travel.
I have been filling my time lately with one of my favourite past times, travel blogs. I love picking up tips and reading about different people’s views on countries and cultures. It makes my list grow every time I read of an adventure I just have to try. I have recently been looking over my little blog here and I do love it because it really is just for me, my online diary but I do have two blogs, one for my love of all things vintage and one for travel but with the new plans I have coming up over the next 4 years (43 countries in 4 years) I am thinking it would be better to stream line my output.
So I may be converting to the .com world very soon instead of this lovely blog space…but stay tuned.



What is on your ‘to- do’ list and your ‘to- see’ list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment