Thursday 6 April 2017

Big Kids in Universal Stuidos – Singapore


banner

My background is not as a writer (as you may have gathered from my awful grammar and spelling). I am by trade an Animator. I love animation and everything that goes with it, which is normally films and television. Luckily for me Lee is also a huge geek and we have lost hours if not days to our Netflix marathons. The only thing we love more than films is a good theme park so combine those two together and Universal Studios was the obvious place for us to visit during our Singapore stay.
universalstudios13 We were jumping around like kids before we even arrived at the park. We took the subway to Sentosa subway station that is linked to the VivoCity mall and tried to track down the monorail that takes you to the island. What we later discovered was that you can just walk over the new bridge for free which takes about 5 minutes and is a really pretty walk so I’d definitely recommend it. Seeing the island that the Universal Studios is based in, called Sentosa, made us wish we’d left time to explore more during our stay but it’s a definite must for next time.
We arrived at the gate and bought our tickets, which was a bit of a splurge on our budget but once we were inside and saw all of the park we weren’t disappointed.
I’m an advocate for the phrase ‘if somethings worth doing, it’s worth doing right’ so the second we were in those gates I was wearing my park swag and even more excited.
universalstudios17 universalstudios11 If I could have bought this teddy (which was also a bag!) I would have but our budget and carry-on bags wouldn’t allow.
IT'S SO CUTE and FLUFFY ..I'M GONNA DIE!!!!!
IT’S SO CUTE and FLUFFY ..I’M GONNA DIE!!!!!
We spent the rest of the day getting soaked on the Jurassic Park rafts, surprisingly loving the Transformers 3d ride and generally enjoying everything the park had to offer. I’d recommend trying to make the Water World show but be aware that the splash zone is in the middle, the SOAK zone is at the front. We arrived slightly late and I can tell you that the soak zone lives up to its name.
universalstudios7
Lee got to be surrounded by his childhood heroes.
universalstudios8
We were a little surprised by the prices of snack foods but the restaurants were well priced. We ate before we went in after our trip to a Theme park in Hong Kong left our pockets empty just after buying a bottle of water. universalstudios18
universalstudios6

universalstudios4 universalstudios3 universalstudios2 We loved the day and I really want to visit the rest of the Universal world’s studios now.
universalstudios17 universalstudios19 universalstudios15 universalstudios14 universalstudios9 universalstudios1 It’s great fun being big kids and I am so happy that my partner in crime is as childish silly as I am.
I made Lee pose by the star of Jimmy Stewart who is his second cousin. Can you see the likeness???
I made Lee pose by the star of Jimmy Stewart who is his second cousin. Can you see the likeness???
universalstudios16
Lee and I with the one and only Miss Monroe
signature
Serious faces for  these 3d glasses
Serious faces for these 3d glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment