Friday 5 May 2017

Korean Bucket List

* This use to be listed on it's on page, but since are no longer in Korea I decided to move it to it's own page. It seemed sad to delete it. I've replaced it with our world bucket list. Hopefully we will be as productive with that one as we were with this. Our time in Korea was incredible. We miss it every day BUT we are loving our new life in Australia. We can't wait to think of a whole new list to get us adventuring all over again*

Since arriving in Korea there is a definite feeling of wanting to do everything right away. A new job can be a stressful time. Combine it with moving abroad to a country you more than likely dont know the language of as well as moving house and you are in a bit of a tizzy.
Its sometimes hard not to just jump at every opportunity and wiz about every second trying to absorb the new sights and sounds but I think there are definitely benefits to remembering that you do need to rest too.
On the flip side a year can disappear so fast. Ive already been here two months. So I dont want to fall into a trap of lazing about every weekend.

A friend of mine, Katherine has a great blog and she made a fantastic list of all the things she wants to achieve while in Korea. I wrote one while I was finding an excuse not to pack while in the UK but I thought Id share it here. My hope is that having the list will let me see what Im achieving and drive me to do more as well as rest up when I get exhausted just reading about all of my adventures.

So here is my Korean Bucket List:

.Order a meal without knowing what you are asking for.
. Drink Makholi
.Try Soju
.Go to a Cat Café.
. Have lunch on a beach in Busan
. Go dancing in Seoul
. See the Busan Aquarium
. Go to an Orphanage
. Try Shaba Shaba
. Nora Bang with Jess (my uk friend) in Korea
. Use the photo booths
. See Asias biggest Budda (luckily located in Daegu)
. Climb Apsan
. Volenteer at a childrens charity
. Spend Christmas day with my friends
.Spend a summer weekend in the park
. Visit Jeju island
. See Sokjoe in the Autum
. Eat Jim Dak in the home of Jim Dak
. Try K-pole (Korean pole dancing class)
. Go to a charitable dog walk.
. Kick leaves in the park in Autum
. See the Cherry blossoms.
. Watch Christmas films in a DVD Bang with friends.
. Cook a meal for friends.
. Have cocktail in a bag
. Make crafts for my class
. Take my camera out into Daegu (This is a year long achievment!)
. Stay in a Buddist temple
. Put my feet in the Ocean
. Join a Kpop dance class
. Try Taekwondo
. Norabang!
. Make Kimbap at home.
. Eat in Kim Pasa
. Learn to like beer
. Travel to a random place on the subway and explore
. Jump from Duryu tower (not something they do anymore but I did climb it)
. Participate in a tea drinking ceremony
. Sit on the floor in a restaurant
. Visit a Korean families home.
. Go to Holi
.Go to Mudfest
. Dance all night in Pacha
. Have a phone conversation in Korean.
. Find a Korean Mentor.
. Learn Hangul.
. Learn enough Korean to order food, use transportation and buy things.
. Have a Korean Haircut.
. Go to a Korean beauty salon.
. Have a summer Korean BBQ.
. Eat Dak Galbi.
. Get a phone. FINALLY have one after 5 months
. Learn my address.
. Order McDonalds to be delivered.
. Dance to Gangnam style in Seoul (Gangnam preferred).
. Buy a Konglish t-shirt.
. Make a Korean friend.
. Visit a random place in Korea on the train.
. Sleep on the floor.
. Stay in a love motel.(recommeded , it was really comfy and so funny)
. learn to like Chap Sal Duk. (as long as I have milk with it)
. See Japan.(Only Tokyo so far but I want to see it all)
. See Malaysia.
. See Thailand. (this might be my favourite thing i've crossed off yet!)
. See China.
. See Indonesia.
. See Vietnam.
. See Taiwan 
. Watch Lee swim with sharks in Busan.
. Get eyelashes fitted (?)
. Learn at least 7 students names.
. Draw every day. (doing well so far)
. Put a lock at the top of Seoul Tower.
. Do yoga (even though its not a Korean thing)
. Cook a Christmas dinner for friends.
. Have a film/games night at the flat. 
. Try writing for a magazine
. Try getting paid for my photography work
. Ride a roller coaster.
. Go to a Korean wedding
. Get my class to Skype with my Mum.
. Start Roller Derby
. Feel Ive really helped at least one student.
. Go Skiing
. See the DMZ
. Travel on the KTX
. Stay up until the first subway
. Make Welsh cakes
. Try an out door gym.
.Eworld
.Ride the duck boats in Susung Lake 
.Drink a cocktail from a coconut.
.See the sunrise on the beach.
.See a 4d movie
.See a big korean fireworks display
.See live music in korea.
.Go to a dog cafe
.Teach elementary school 
.Fly to an exotic location for holidays
.Do fancy dress in Korea 
. See the Tripataka Koreana

No comments:

Post a Comment