Wednesday 5 February 2014

UK : My trip to the green green grass of home.



Three weeks has whizzed past and I am already home from the UK. It was extremely hard to leave. Surprisingly it was much harder than it was the first time I left.
Home was lovely but it was a flying visit. Im happy to say that I had a list of things I wanted to do, get and see and I almost did it all which considering my ridiculous addiction to making lists is impressive.


After a 24 hour journey home we met Lees family and I headed to London to see my two best friends to have a mini hen do before her wedding.
It was calm and sophisticated which is shocking for us considering our crazy ways. Since we knew each other when we were little we tend to revert to our Spice Girls, Pig Tails and cheap wine ways.
We were in a perfect location, literally on Trafalgar Square, which is one of the many spots in London I count as my favourite. We ate good food, drank delicious cocktails and talked a hell of a lot.


When in Wales I spent most of the time sitting inside with my fantastic sister and watch awful films with Christmas chocolate. We never have a chance to sit around so I loved every part of it. I managed to squeeze in a visit to Scotland.



My young brother lives in Edinburgh which shocks me with its beauty every time I visit. It is stunning and this time I was lucky enough to take Lee, to witness it in all its glory. He is a Historian and I knew the Edinburgh would be his dream city. I wasnt wrong. The old buildings and statues almost littering the roads make it a fantastic place to visit.  I really wanted to take photos of Craig, my brother and his gorgeous (soon to be) wife but we were all so cold and tired that I Didnt press it upon them. I did take a few but hopefully I can edit them to seem more professional than they are.
Apart from one very quick and squeezed in night I had with some Uni friends I didnt get a chance to see many people which was a major regret but the time flew by and I enjoyed every second. The amount of supplies Lee and I brought back is crazy. We have enough Cadburys to last at least.till the end of the month :S
This is going to be a busy year so hopefully we will be too busy to be very sad about missing home but after 37 hours of travel, 3 hours sleep and a day of work I am missing the UK with every part of my being.
Thank you to everyone who made our visit home so incredibly special.

 
CHEESE

THE BEST SHOP EVER

Bit of a change..to a blondie

My younger brother still claims to this day that I stole his face

Plum wine with Uni friends

family time

Me and my friend Kate


1 comment: