Tuesday 18 March 2014

WWOOF Food Boxes





In Daegu there are many lovely markets you can peruse if you are in search of fruit and vegetables but unfortunately a lot of the time you have to buy it in bulk to make it worth it. If you don’t think you can eat 20 potatoes in a week then there is a great new site...
I read about this great site from the fantastic blogger and fellow teacher Katherine Kirk
The website www.wwoofcsa.com is a health food website that provides people with weekly organic and fresh fruit and vegetables (as well as eggs, spices, home-made breads and cookies)
As you can see the cookies didn't even last long enough for a photo. They were so good!





The site prides itself on providing local farmers with help to keep small businesses going in Korea as well as creating sustainable environments for the farms to be able to expand their businesses.
The goods you receive are also seasonal and harvested just prior to delivery. They were fresh fresh fresh. 
Since we don’t all speak Korean if you are worried about pesticides or GMO’s being used on your salads this website can guarantee that everything you are eating is free of horrible chemicals.I'm not normally to worried about all this kind of thing, I realise I should be but I haven't watched enough horrible documenterys yet, but I am lazy so this sounded like an amazing option.
A taster box is available for 30,000 won and will arrive within the week. The pictures below are a couple’s taster box with bread.
It was all fresh and delicious.I still have a bag of red pepper herbs to use but i'll need to research what I can do with that.
The company also provides family boxes as well as gift boxes to encourage friends and family to join that could make the perfect gift for a foodie’s birthday.I know a few people I'd have loved to have sent them to.



Once you decide this is the route for you, you can sign up to receive a box every week for a month or even longer if you are blown away.
The box not only contains your produce and a detailed list of what you have received but lots of information about where it was grown and also recipes that ideally suit the vegetables and fruit you have received. There are also workshops and programs you can join to visit the farms yourself and have hands on experience of the countryside around you.
More recipes and information can be found on the website as well as the order forms:



I have to say I may not order it again but not because it wasn't amazing but because I am only one person and wouldn't eat it fast enough plus I like to choose what I get.


No comments:

Post a Comment