Tuesday 1 April 2014

Shooting in Daegu



This weekend was one of my favourite weekends of the year. Lees birthday weekend. I love Lees birthday because he shares it with his brother. They are 5 years apart but born on the same day so growing up they have always shared their birthday. When he was younger this drove him mad but now I think he quite likes sharing it with him.
This weekend I wanted to do something really special, We had agreed to not buy each other material things anymore since our travels mean that packing light is a necessity. So I was left with either food or events.
I deiced that the best thing for this 29 year old to try was his hand at shooting.
Lee is a cowboy by nature. A lover of western films and from a RAF father so guns hold a weird appeal to him. He is the same as me in the way that we would never ever EVER want to shoot a living thing but in a range where everything is safe, it seems quite fun.




The day started off as a surprise. I emailed a huge group of people and everyone was raring to go, unfortunately the cat scrambled out of the bag and Lee found out the surprise but it was honestly a great thing because I think he was more excited knowing where we were going than if hed found out when we had turned up.

When we got there (Eventually since this place is in the middle of no where) we got our safety gear on and started our shooting. Everyone had different guns they enjoyed. Lee loved the old fashioned pistol shooing and I was smittened with the clay pigeon shooting but mainly because I managed to hit a few.





My challenge for the day turned out to be trying to get the perfect picture which eventually happened but I will disregard the 300 other I must have taken to get this one.(top of the page)







It was a fantastic day and considering everyone was hung-over and tired it was great.
That night we headed to the town to continue the birthday celebrations including a midnight rendition of Happy Birthday as well as 'Penblwydd hapus (happy birthday in Welsh) and also managed to tip a flaming shot all over ourselves. 3rd degree burns and birthdays seem to go hand in hand.
It was a fantastic night made all the better by the lovely people that made such a huge effort to make Lee feel special. I always love Lees birthday because I get to celebrate but I love seeing how much everyone cares about him and how much effort they show for this man.
So the boy is 29 and next week it will be 22 years since I met him. That poor boy at least got 7 years in before I started harassing him.
Happy birthday Lee Lee and happy shooting everyone. 

 If you want to go yourself....



How to get there:
There is a bus that goes here but it is very infrequent so the best way to travel here would be to get a taxi. If you get a taxi from Kyungpook National University Hospital station it will cost you 10,000 won. A taxi from downtown will cost close to 17,000 won.
If you do want to catch a bus it is:
Chilgok 2 (which travels to the range 8 times a day)

When you want to leave the facility the staff will be happy to call you a taxi.
The address: 169 Munju-ro(St), Buk-gu, Daegu, Korea (40, Geumho-dong)

The contact number: 82-53-312-0000

The website: http: //www.daegushooting.or.kr/eng/eng.php

 

No comments:

Post a Comment