Monday 14 April 2014

A special day

15 years old
This week marks my favorite week of the year. It is Lee and I’s anniversary. 21 years ago this week I stumbled into my living room late after choir practice. I remember being scared to walk into the living room because I knew my mum’s new friend Alison had brought her son over.
I went into the living room, looked up and as cheesy as it sounds, I instantly fell in love. I was just a kid and it can only be seen as a crush but even after 21 years that initial feeling is what I feel today when I look at him. Love.
Lee was a year older than me and didn't even see girls as anything more than those weird people that wore bows at age 9 but when we both became teenagers we started to date. I remember the first date we had Lee came home and told me he loved me. I think we have both been head over heels from the start.
We dated from 15 till the end of university. As with all good love stories we have had our share of bumps in the road. A lot of family problems and jobs led us to head in different directions for a few years. He wanted me to follow my career dreams and I couldn't believe he wanted someone as big a fool as me. Its safe to say we were both nut bags. 
We both used the time to grow and see the world a bit more. We both got involved in our careers and met a lot of important people. I think that our years apart were sad in one way but I wouldn't change it. We needed those years. I used those years to realize I could be creative, I realise amazing people and friends exsisted and find out who I was. I don’t regret a second of our time apart because I wouldn't want to change the people I met in those years or the things we both were able to achieve.
Us in London aged 24/25
But both of us found our way back to each other and it feels like home.
We are finally traveling the world like we always talked about and loving every seconds of it.
We have been dating for 9 years and it’s cheesy to say but he is my best friend and the person I feel my happiest with. He teaches me things every day and lets me be myself, be silly and serious.
We have big plans for the future and I try to remind myself how lucky I am to have found my person. 

I can’t wait for another 21 years together. 
16/17 years old
Us in New York ,age 21/22
Us in Thailand, age 26/27
Us in Japan 26/27



No comments:

Post a Comment