Thursday 5 January 2017

Boracay - The Philippines Day 1

banner We are here! We finally made it to sunny Boracay*. It took us 6 trains, 3 planes, 3 buses,a boat and 38 hours but we are here. And wow was it worth it . The beaches here in Boracay are stunning, a turquoise blue shade that makes its way to navy on the horizon. With pure white beaches as an accompaniment. Boracay is a very ‘party’ island with a lot of people trying to sell you deals. I wish I’d printed a t-shirt that says ‘no I don’t want to buy an island hopping tour’, but its still lovely. The crazy party atmosphere is always welcome when you are expecting it. 5 12
Our first day was spent sleeping off the mental trip to get here and exploring. It’s quite a small island and we walked the length of the beach in an hour or two.We filled up on some self indulgent burgers, which to my happy surprised were covered in mountains of Cheddar cheese and wandered until happy hour began. 1 6 9 10 11 I am really excited because a friend from Korea is also here so I need to track her down and force her to dance the night away with me. I am amazed that we didn’t bump into each other yet because Boracay is so much smaller than I thought. But after a crazy few, cold months of organising and packing it’s great to be in a lively area where the only things to do are relax, drink and drink some more. 4 7 8
*If you read my previous post about our re-direct Jetstar flight then here’s a quick update, so we waited a long time but it was too late to fly to Manilla, which closes at night so Jetstar gave us an allowance for food and for a hotel. We have kept all our receipts and been promised they will pay so I will let you know if it all goes to plan. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment