Thursday 12 January 2017

Happy 30th Birthday Lee - Lee

Happy Birthday Lee – Lee
polaroid
Today is your 30th birthday and we are (hopefully) somewhere in Guilin, China right now. We may not have the internet so I am actually writing this on my last day of work in Korea and setting it to post in the future….are there hover-boards there yet?
leesfamily family2 I already bore everyone with how much I adore you but I just wanted to tell you  how lucky I am to have you in my life. You are my partner in crime, my silly best friend and my travel buddy.
To everyone else reading this, I apologies for the sappy post but our tiny bags have made me get inventive with ways to say ‘Happy Birthday’ to this man this year. Lee is the silent partner of this blog (as you may have noticed already) but he is the only reason it’s possible for me to write anything since he is the planner and organiser of almost all our travels, and the one who encourages me. Always helping me when I feel like a dope blabbing away on our little corner of the interwebs. He is also the un-willing photography subject not just on our trips but in our day to day life.
wall For those of you that know this crazy man, you will know how funny and full of life this British gentleman is. For those of you who don’t know him…if you mixed a rugby playing monkey with Disney’s Stitch and covered it in chocolate…you’d have Lee. I can’t quite believe we are both getting ready to leave our 20’s. We both set ourselves a scary task of doing as much as possible in the last few years of our twenties and so far we are on track. With just 3 years to spare we have crammed in a life in Asia, a whole lot of new lovely friends and are heading to a new home in Australia…hopefully we will be squeezing Canada into the mix soon.
Lee as a weirdo 17 year old and me at as an even weirder 16 year old
Lee as a weirdo 17 year old and me at as an even weirder 16 year old
Happy Birthday Lee. You really are the best part of me. Thank you for making everything easy, making me laugh daily and for never letting me feel un-loved. When we were young I always told you that you would do great things and you already have. We have navigated through many bumps in the road and I’m lucky to have you.  I loved our childhood, I adored our twenties and I can’t wait to see what our thirties have in store…I’m guessing lots of food and dancing.
Lee and the hand prints of his 2nd cousin Mr Jimmy Stewart
Lee and the hand prints of his 2nd cousin Mr Jimmy Stewart
Happy Birthday Lee-Lee.
xxx
xx
x
IMG_7653
A picture from last year’s 29th …but it all still applies x

No comments:

Post a Comment