Tuesday 21 March 2017

Turning 29

not looking like I enjoy travelling much in this picture (that's also Rugby the tiger)
not looking like I enjoy travelling much in this picture (that’s also Rugby the tiger)
I can’t believe that it’s already my birthday. When we planned this trip my birthday was a far distant dot among the hotels and flights we had booked. Now it’s here and it’s so strange to be entering the last year of my twenties.
11 I realise that everyone must feel exactly the same way but how the hell can I be 29! I’m not too scared of turning 30 since they look like the ‘together years’. Still young enough to wear cartoon character t-shirts but responsible enough to be able to travel the world and people assume you know what you’re doing (we don’t by the way) there is also the added benefit of wine being appropriate at any occasion in your 30’s.
Obviously I still have one year left in my twenties and I’m quite excited about that. I’ve been lucky enough to meet so many ‘blow my socks off’ great people in my time on this little globe. All the things I’ve had the good fortune to experience in my 28 years have left me very touched. I think I’ve made the most of my years so far and it’s exciting to have one last year in my twenties to pack in as much as I can. How many bottles of champagne can I squeeze into a year?
This year’s birthday is being spent on the beautiful island of Kohn Rong Samloem in the stunning resort of Saracen bay. We have completed two months of our trip and it was the best decision we have ever made. Retiring at 28 is quite fun… Even if I have to jump out of retirement in a few months.
IMG_1370 IMG_1261
'Selfie' wasn't even a word when I was born
‘Selfie’ wasn’t even a word when I was born
This year will be spent in sunny Australia and I can’t wait. I’m hoping to learn to drive and meet a Quokka, if you don’t know what that is then you must immediately rectify this by looking at this picture…
I want to say a huge thank you to all my friends and family for making this last year so special. My old friends back home have really made an effort to keep me in the loop even if I’m gallivanting around the place. I miss them all every day. I also had the chance to make three of the best friends a girl could ask for in Korea this year. I’ve had to say ‘see you soon’ to them for a while but I’m lucky to have found them as well as all the people I was already lucky enough to call ‘my people’ in Korea. girlskorea
IMG_0375 IMG_7889
My family have put up with my wanderlusting ways fantastically and there’s not a week that goes by that I’m not chatting to them about some such nonsense or making puns.
An amazing collage made by my sister for my birthday
An amazing collage made by my sister for my birthday
Then of course there is Lee. My partner in crime who made all this traveling possible…mainly by sneaking into travel agents when we were teenagers , taking piles of leaflets home and sitting for hours leafing through them. Now we are doing it and it’s all a bit of a shock to the system. My arms bruised from pinching myself so much. This is a soppy post but I’m old now so it’s allowed, surely?
When the beach is so deserted you set a self timer , but accidentally leave the camera in manual
When the beach is so deserted you set a self timer , but accidentally leave the camera in manual
I not a big fan of my birthday… I LOVE birthdays for other people but hate the pressure of the day for myself but I’m a fan of aging, in as much that I love living and experiencing things but mainly I love the chance to eat and dance as much as possible.
Life is full of moments. Beautiful, lovely and delicious moments and I hope to have a ton more this year.
So thank you for your birthday wishes. Now let’s party like its 1986.
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment