Thursday 13 June 2013

Korean Care Package



I recently sent a care package home to my family. Its normally the other way around but there was so much amazing stuff out here in Korea that I wanted to share a little bit of here with them.
I stated buying things for them the second I got to Seoul airport. There was so many weird and wonderful things that I couldnt wait to send some their way.
The only problem was there were too many things. Every day Id find new bizarre items that they just had to see. So I gave my self a cut off which was May. I thought by then Id have got together a good stash (and hopefully worked out the mail system here)

The box itself to send the things home was only 700w which is 70cents or 50p which is a bargain. The postage was 30 pounds but its what I expected and I was extremely happy when they received it only 6 days later. Go Korean mail!!!

Inside the box I put an array of items to some up Korea. From t-shirts and socks to face masks and the obligatory foot shampoo (?) My sister loves super heroes so I was really happy to find some Hangul iron on patches. There was also a special treat for my brother (who lives in Edinburgh) some Ramyeon noodles with added MSGmmmm yummy.
My sister made my day by taking some pictures. I stupidly forgot to before I sent it so I can show you a little of what I sent. She seems to have actually given my mum the stuff that was for her so well done little sister. I would have hogged it allespecially the sweet treats. The best thing I found for my mum was a pink carnation badge. Here in Korea itss given for parents day but its also my mums favourite flower so I was extremely excited to send it her way.

Its really weird knowing that something I prepared and looked after here is now there. It was just here and now there! This is an obvious fact since I sent it but it makes me feel so close to home. The only problem was that the second they got it all I wanted to do was chat to them J Ive also quilted my mum into sending me some things. Just a dress or two and some home treats. Im mainly looking forward to magazines and 100% deet mosquito spray. It will be a god send.

I am worried though as I know how excited I will be if a box arrives at school. I dont know how Ill stop myself from opening it but I want to savor it. Also I dont want the kids stealing the goodies inside.
Theres something so special about receiving mail, especially in a world with nothing but technology. I cant wait and Im so glad they my package arrived safe and sound.

Some Korean health and saftey noticed by my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment