Thursday 14 March 2013

Discovery of the week: Sweet Potato Latte's



Discovery of the week: Sweet Potato Latte's
These sometimes purple in color drinks are like dreams! Anyone that knows me knows that I am partial to a good coffee. Eggnog lattes from Starbucks make it feel like Christmas to me. So my fear about moving to Korea is that I would have to leave my caffeine addiction at the airport.
Oh how wrong I was.
There are about as many coffee places in Korea as there are people.
In central Daegu they are 24 hours and always busy.
The sweet potato latte (which is sometimes purple in color) made my heart skip a beat. The price is crazy well by Korean standards anyway.
Its the same price for the coffee in the uk, about 4000\ or $4 or 3.50 pounds (there isnt a pounds symbol on this keyboard) but when a bottle of Soju (watery vodka) is 1000\ you can start to see why they seem expensive.
They have become my weekend treat.
I should also note that a big reason I am here is to pay of debts and save so Im trying to be good with my money. If you dont have debts you could easily live like a king and buy 3 a day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment