Thursday 22 August 2013

Zombie Summer Camp



A few hours after arriving back from Thailand I was ready to head in to school to start my school summer camp.
In Korea our summers are spent desk warming (more on this later) and in summer camp.
My camp was 3 days long from 9 12.
I was allowed to choose the theme so I went with a movie making camp.
There was meant to be 23 kids in total but (as expected) only 10 turned up.
The first day the kids played some games and we decided what genre we wanted to make. Predictably the kids chose Horror.
So after some team fighting between zombies and killers we amalgamated two ideas and came up with our film.
I tried to explain that we would have enough time to make a film so we would have to create a trailer.
They knew they had to bring old clothes and get their best scary faces ready. We allocated jobs and we were set to make a movie.

The filming was great fun (apart from the dread of handing my expensive camera to crazed middle schoolers). The students really got into it and came up with loads of ideas. I loved their face painting attempts and our one girl in the art department worked so hard to create a fantastic poster.

At the end of the 2nd day I was feeling a little worse for ware (the 10 days of travel and 10 middle schoolers may have been something to do with that).
I headed home to edit like crazy and hope I could do their hard work justice.
So here it is. Here is the final version of my middle schoolers zombie attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment