Thursday 7 November 2013

Discovery of the week: The Photo Booth Phenomenon.



Im not ashamed to say that from time to time I am extremely girlie. I want the chance to dress up , be silly and be surrounded by pink things, so the Daegu photo booth room has been something Ive been looking forward to doing.
I knew my friend from home, the lovely Jessica would be visiting me while I was here in Korea so it was high on my list of priorities as I knew shed appreciate the silliness of it as much as me.
The photo booth zone is a building filled with highly lit and very pretty booths (as well as a massive pikatchu)


Its a Japanese phenomenon that I noticed quite a lot when I was in Tokyo but I was eager to try it here in Daegu.
The process is simple. You go to the building, choose your booth, get money turned into change (you will need a lot of 500 won coins) , take your silly photos and then edit them to your hearts desire.
The booth we chose was The beauty booth. We ran inside the lovely lit green screen room and start blindly pressing buttons. Neither of us read Korean so it was a bit of guess work but we crossed our fingers and hoped for the best. We went for the Sweet photography option.
After so highly sophisticated posing. (We are pros of the silly photo after many years of practice) we picked 4 photos from the 6 we had taken and left the booth satisfied that wed made appropriate fools of ourselves.



Then we were a little lost as of what to do. A kind lady directed us to the editing booth around the corner where you are given two touch screen pens and a myriad of choices. There are menus in menus with every option possible, what hair colour, eye colour, stickers to place in the photo, hats to add, backgrounds to change. We were in our element. Its good to remember that the photos will be small so you dont need to be too precious. Each pen controls a different side of the screen so we both picked a pen and went to work editing our pics. After a lot of trial and error (and finally finding where the undo button wasarrows in the top hand corner) we finished up our creations and pressed print.
The photos came out quickly and gave us two sets which was brilliant as we could both take a set.

It was a great way to spend a few hours and for only 6000\ we have a perfect souvenir of my friends trip to Korea. My boyfriend and I will be revisiting for the cheesiest couple photos possible to give to family as Christmas presents (matchy matchy anyone?) and I will be dragging a few more people to fill my wall with these beautiful creations.
Overall the girl, photo & fun booths are getting a 9/10 . The extra point is only because of the lack of English but to be honest it kind of added to the experience.





To find the photo booths:
If you are stood facing the stage in downtown Daegu it is the street on your left (you need to be walking away from Burger King) Walk straight up the street for about 4 minutes, you should walk past the ddaboki tent on your left and keep going straight through the coffee shop junction (literally every corner has a different 24 hour coffee shop on it). The building will be big, purple and have a massive picatchu inside. Its quite hard to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment