Monday 15 July 2013

Discovery of the week: Socks




This is another discovery that has slowly grown on me since arriving in Korea. At home Im not a big socks fan. I have a few pairs but Im more a ballet pumps girl and avoid them at all costs, well until I moved to Korea.
Here socks are EVERYWHERE. Corner stores, train stations and even in one fruit and veg shop (?)
Its rare to see the same design twice so if you fall in love with a pair you should buy them instantly plus they are constantly changing. If you go to a shop one week the next week they will have a plethora of new designs.
Maybe the best attribution of my new found love is price. They are ridiculously cheap. Its about 50p for every pair and they are comfy, well design , and beautiful things.

On a night out recently I happened to start talking to a Korean girl whose job was to design socks. I was in awe. She was telling me about the fast turn around and the not so great pay but to be honest I would be in colorful, cartoon heaven. Sign me up!

I recently went sock mad and bought about 5 pairs. My collection is growing.


No comments:

Post a Comment