Wednesday 3 July 2013

Random facts





This blog has become my little home away from home. Its the corner of the internet that I get to babble away as well as share the lovely things I see on my travels but I thought I would share some random facts about myself.

Random facts

1.     Since university I have lived in Wales, Manchester and London. I love London and I hope to go back there one day. It felt like home.  Wales does too but Manchester is probably one place Ill stay away from for a while. Other than that Ive traveled to America, Mexico, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Germany, Scotland, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and most recently lovely Korea. Im hoping to add a lot more to this list over the next few years.
 
I miss you Rome.



2.     My degree is in Animation. Although Im a teacher in Korea my passion (and what I will return to after my time here) is animation. Ive wanted to be an animator since I was 7 . I worked in the industry for 5 years after uni but decided that if I didnt make use of all these traveler visas before I was 30 Id always kick myself. Drawing and animation are still a passion of mine. A good animated film gets my imagination running at 500 miles an hour. I am proud to say that the things Ive worked on have won Baftas and Emmeysmaybe I can pull a 'Tracy Morgan' and try 'EGOT-ing '
 
My Blue Zoo animation crew
3.     My middle name use to be Danger. This is a serious fact. As of this year I am no longer referred to as Tania Lorraine Danger Vincent but when I was 21 my housemates forged my signature and changed my name by deed poll. It was a fantastic thing to have attached to my name for a while but unfortunately I didnt renew it. Luckily for me they made my name Danger, for a while they were going to get rid of my whole name and just call me Tits McGee!
 
The uni crew
4.     I love popcorn. I love it! American cinema popcorn is one of my favorite foods.. I will one day buy an old circus popcorn machine for my house.
 
'Love, happiness and touching' . You have to love Korean popcorn.
5.     When I was 12 I lived in Saudi Arabia. Its completely random but I was there for almost two years. My family lived on a compound and we saw some pretty strange things but Im glad I did it. Im especially glad I spent time there as its the main reason I met Lee and his family when we were 7.
 
The Saudi compound kids.
6.     I hate Jelly Beans. I feel I may be the only person on the planet that feels that way but I hate them. Texture, taste, smell, just everything about them. I realize that people love them and I understand my opinion offends the 'Bean' lovers but they have fast become my arch enemy over the years. Any sweet that is gritty and comes in fish flavor is not a friend of mine.

7.     If Im having a bad day there is nothing better than 1940s jazz/ swing music to make me feel better. This normally progresses to me dancing around my flat to Michael Jackson or any musical song. Im a sucker for the West End.
I am a vintage nut. I love all things 30s, 40s, 50s and recently all things 20s and early 60s. Basically its safe to say Im a vintage lush!
I love the music and the atmosphere, especially the dancing.
  

8.     A glass of prosecco (ideally in a 1920s champagne float) or a martini glass also makes me feel like a million dollars One day I will own a bottle of Perrier Jouet Magnum Belle Epoque 2004 Vintage Champagne but it will only be for one very special occasion.

9.     Ive never had a pet. To people who have met me this will seem like a strange fact since I spent over 60% of my time stopping to look at and stroke animals, sending cute pictures of animals or talking about animals. Animals fascinate me. They are smarter than they are given credit for and I cannot wait to settle down and have my own. It may be one of the only things that stops me travelling and grow up (only a little bit though)


10.  If I could Id dress in nothing but old Hollywood glamour vintage clothing. I am not one of those girls that lives in heels. Not by any stretch of the imagination. In fact you are more likely to see me rolling around in leaves than trotting along a side walk. I have always been kind of a boyish girl. Most of my friends are boys and I have a filthy sense of humor that has grown out of working in a male industry but as I get older I enjoy being a girl. This sounds crazy but theres no simpler way to put it. I love the small pleasures in life like red lipstick and seamed stocking. I love feeling like a million dollars even if I look like 10 cents. There are so many fun things to do as girls and I have found so many fantastic women to hang around with. Not only my friends back home but girls here that make me laugh until my sides hurt. So it might be an age thing but I love not caring. I dont worry if others like what I have on now, as long as I like it and I try to only worry about what suits me instead of hating what I dont have. I will never have slim arms and I will never lose the bags under my eyes so why not embrace it and enjoy what I have. Thats the epitome of why I love the old days of the Mad Men era. Yes woman were horribly oppressed in a lot of ways but at the same time they oozed control. They were the stepping stones to the way of life woman have now. I hope I can learn to have more poise and grace as I grow older and hopefully find more excuses to wear red lipstick and heels.

11. I love drawing

12. I wish I could be a roller derby girl :D


No comments:

Post a Comment