Sunday 26 May 2013

Discovery of the week: Bread



Discovery of the week: Bread
Bread. I have always been breads biggest fan. It was been with me through the hard winter nights and the picnicking summer days. Its safe to say that bread and I have a long term, loving relationship.
Moving Korea changed all that. People here dont eat bread. They just dont seem to have realized its greatness.

Luckily for me they are starting to see its potential. This means that you can buy a very small loaf of bread in the bakeries here.

The bakeries themselves deserve a month of praises. They are truly dream-like places. I would stay here another year just for their carby goodness.

For my birthday I was given a fantastic loaf of my first Korean bread and also some butter to go with it. Unfortunately the butter was more of a vegetable margarine which is not something Im a fan of but the bread was so good that I did not care. It was devoured before the birthday was done. 

I am now already planning how to get to the bakery for another loaf, after all its not a weekend without buttery toast. Now I just need the butter and toaster and Im sorted.

Bread, we salute you!

No comments:

Post a Comment