Wednesday 15 May 2013

Sports Day

After an eventful and lovely teachers day yesterday I turned up to school to see it covered in banners and gazeboes as today is Sports Day.
Sports day in my junior school was always one of my favorite days of the year. I loved wearing the home colors, running as fast as my little legs would carry me and cheering till I couldnt speak.
In Korea its not much different. The 3rd years dress in fantastic costumes and they have as many silly events as we do (thankfully the egg and spoon race hasnt reached Korea)
We have just all come in from a busy morning and I have been warned that this afternoon I will be expected to compete in the hula hoop, skipping race. I only dread to think what they will have me doing!

These are the kinds of days I love here. Its relaxed and everyone is smiling. The kids are just kids and I love seeing them away from the classroom and in their own element. I got to see a group of them perform the Korean traditional drums and they were amazing. Just as good if not better as some of the groups Ive seen in organized events while Ive been here.  
I have taken so many photos! I am going to wade through and get them up here as soon as possible.

I love this school !










No comments:

Post a Comment