Thursday 23 May 2013

Discovery of the week: Sunshine

Discovery of the week : Sunshine

As a pale/almost clear British person the recent addition of the sun to my life has been unexpected and wonderful.
I have always been a summer person. The outdoors, summer dresses and drinks in the sunshine have always made me happy, even if they were 2 days a year events in Britian.

Here in Daegu the city is known for its hot summers. Everyone warned me before I moved hear about how hot it would be and the relentless sunshine. I thought they were mad. OF COURSE I want to live there.

So far we have had 29 days for a week and its moving close to 30 this weekend. I couldnt be happier. The city is built for summer. Buildings are placed ideally to capture a breeze and air cons are standard in every house. I fear winter more than summer if Im honest.

Soon a outdoor summer pool will be opening where you can drink and be merry all the live long day and I cannot wait. Apart from not being able to buy bikinis here (as Koreans dont show skin like that?!?) I am completely set and ready to go.I have my factor 50 sun screen already to hand.

I can easily get use to this style of living. Lets just hope I dont become too accustomed or Ill never go home to rainy Britain again. ^ㅁ^






No comments:

Post a Comment